Funding & Fees

In certain circumstances, the University will return a portion of the tuition and fees to the College or School offering distributed learning courses. Departments can make arrangements with the dean to access these funds.

A portion of the tuition from students in qualifying courses who reside within the State of Texas and more than fifty miles from Denton may be recovered through the Distributed Learning Funding Model. There are exceptions to the fifty-mile limit and these are decided on a case by case basis. 

Students residing outside the State of Texas pay an Out of State Teaching Fee in lieu of tuition. This fee is proposed by the department and approved by the college or school and university administration. A portion of this fee is recovered by the department.