Welcome to the 2020-2021 Full Course Development Intake period! This form is only for Full Course Development submissions. If you are interested in developing your course independently, please access our Course-In-a-Box Development option.
Full Course Development submissions will be accepted beginning January 3rd, 2020 and end on February 28th, 2020. Prior to submitting your completed form, please note the following:
- Full Course Development: This course development process takes approximately 6 months. You, as the faculty member, will be surrounded and supported throughout the development process by an Instructional Design Consultant, Multimedia specialist, Accessibility and Compliance specialist, and a Project Manager. This team will guide you step by step through the entirety of the process.
- Though there is only one Intake period per year, there are three different build cycles:
- Spring Delivery: August – December Build
- Summer Delivery: January – May Build
- Fall Delivery: April – August Build
Please note that if you need your course completed by a specific semester, then you will develop the course during the preceding semester. For example, if you plan on teaching/delivering a course in the Spring, you will need to build the course the prior Fall.
- Submitting your course for the Full Development process, does not guarantee that your course will be selected for development. After the Intake period, DSI CLEAR compiles and sends the submissions to each respective college. Colleges will review the submissions with their appropriate administrators and will prioritize the submissions based on the needs of the college. The prioritization lists will be submitted back to DSI CLEAR and at that time, DSI CLEAR will assess current capacity and inform the colleges as to the number of courses that can be completed in the upcoming academic year.
- This process is fairly intensive and contains very strict timelines. We highly recommend you consider your teaching load prior to committing to course development. If you are teaching an overload, we do not recommend that you sign up for this type of course development. In addition, due to the number of courses requested, we will only be able to assist you with developing a single course per build cycle. *If you have further questions, please feel free to reach out to your college Digital Strategy and Innovation Representative and/or Rudi Thompson, DSI AVP and Executive Director of CLEAR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This process is only for Fully Online courses taught in Fall, Spring and Summer. If you are wanting to develop a Wintermester, topics or special problems, seminar or Hybrid course, please access our Course-In-a-Box course development option.