Are You Ready for Canvas?
UNT will no longer offer courses in Blackboard Learn after the Fall 2018 semester. All Spring courses using a learning management system must be migrated to Canvas prior to the Spring 2019 semester start.
Canvas Migration — How can we help?
I want help from CLEAR to migrate my existing Blackboard courses.
Step One: Request Migration
- Complete the CLEAR Migration Form
- Once submitted, CLEAR will:
- Create a new Canvas development course.
- Migrate your content from Blackboard into the development course.
- Enroll you, the instructor, into the course.
- Send you an e-mail when it is complete.
- Once submitted, CLEAR will:
Step Two: Review
- Review your migrated Canvas development course. Consult your CLEAR Instructional Consultant if you have questions.
- Visit the Canvas Migration Checklist
Step Three: Offer Course in Canvas
Prior to the semester start, a Canvas Offering (blank course) will automatically be created for each UNT Course with two or more registered students, and you will be notified and enrolled in courses that you instruct.
- Students will be enrolled in the Canvas section.
- Import your content from your Canvas development course.
- Complete these important Canvas Start-of-Semester Tasks.
I want to build my Canvas course from scratch.
- Submit the Canvas Development Shell Form. This will be your development course shell and will act as a template that you can copy to your semester offerings.
- Develop your course in your Canvas development shell.
- Prior to the semester start, a Canvas Offering (blank course) will automatically be created for each UNT Course with two or more registered students, and you will be notified and enrolled in courses that you instruct.
I would like a sandbox course to play with Canvas.
- Submit Canvas Sandbox Request Form
CLEAR will provide all instructors, TAs/TFs, and staff with multiple resources and formats for training in Canvas. There are a few resources linked below, and instructors can also sign up for a face-to-face training session with CLEAR instructional consultants or enroll in a self-paced online training that covers the same material.
To request face-to-face training, please visit the Canvas Training Dates page and sign up for a session. Or, If you prefer, you can enroll in the self-paced online training. In the meantime, if you are interested in learning more about Canvas, here are a few helpful links.
Steps faculty can take during the beginning of the semester to make Canvas easier and efficient.
Steps that we hope will assist you in wrapping up the semester!
Canvas is constantly seeking ways to improve as an online learning management system.
Canvas provides both live and retrospective information on the status of the Canvas system.
Helpful information on using the Canvas mobile app.
Review technical requiremtns and see if your browser is compatible with Canvas.
Links to information that can assist you as you are checking your migrated course.
Commonly asked questions about UNT's new online learning platform, Canvas.