GoToMeeting and GoToTraining can be used for virtual class meetings, review sessions, and office hours. Access to GoToMeeting/GoToTraining is not guaranteed after 8/31/18 when the current contract expires. We’re actively investigating the best solutions for web-conferencing in Blackboard (for the Fall 2018 semester only) and for Canvas ongoing. Skype for Business is the current recommendation for non-course related web-conferencing needs.
Begin using GoToMeeting/GoToTraining
- To begin using GoToMeeting/GoToTraining for web conferencing with students or colleagues, please submit your name, email address, and academic department name using this Qualtrics request form. Your account will be created within two business days but will only be available through Summer 2018.
NOTE: Only the meeting organizer needs an account. Students or colleagues that you invite to a meeting or training can join and participate without an account.
- Download and install the GoToMeeting/GoToTraining software or use the web application. Network managers have been notified of this transition and have been provided with the appropriate installation files.
GoToMeeting Action File Format - Your recording may save to your Documents folder in this file format. If so, double click on your file and the Recording Manager will open. The Recording Manager gives you the option to convert your file to ".wmv" format. The converted file will also save to your Documents folder.
Please make sure to download any recordings you wish to retain before our license expires on August 31, 2018.
Transcoding Wizard (for Windows) - The GoTo Meeting Transcoding Wizard may be needed in order to upload your recordings to your GoTo Meeting account. If your recording saves to your Documents folder as a ".wmv" file, you will need to use the Transcoding Wizard. Additionally, it can transcode (converting a video file into a different format) or make your GoTo Meeting recording universally compatible with other media players and 3rd party video sharing sites like Vimeo, YouTube, etc.
GoTo Meeting Recording Manager (for Mac) - GoTo Meeting files are saved locally into a temp folder until converted to .MOV files via the GoTo Meeting Recording Manager.
Here are some links to Citrix's Recorded Tutorials, User Guides, and FAQs
- GoTo Meeting Online Training & Support Website:http://support.citrixonline.com/
- GoTo Meeting Full Organizer Training:http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/meeting/video/G2MV00050
- GoTo Meeting Organizer Training – Part 1: http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/Meeting/video/G2MV00001
- GoTo Meeting Organizer Training – Part 2:http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/Meeting/video/G2MV00028
- GoTo Training QuickStart:http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/Training/video/G2TV00003
- GoTo Training Organizer Tips and Tricks:http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/Training/video/G2TV00015
- GoTo Training Global:http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/Training/video/GTTV00006