Panopto is a lecture capture and desktop recording tool that allows for an enhanced student learning experience and increased instructional efficiency. Record your screen, audio, and video content in the classroom or from your desktop, laptop, or mobile device. Upload existing video and audio content into Panopto's robust and secure media management system, available anywhere in the world to the audience you choose. Content is easily included in your Canvas course so students can pause, search, review, and add notes to anything you record based on their individual learning needs.
Panopto @ UNT self-paced training: Self-enroll in this choose-your-own-adventure course to gain a thorough understanding of how Panopto functions, how to manage your videos, and the best way to get the best out of the system.
Online Office Hours
To assist you with questions about Panopto after you complete the course or with issues that arise as you use the system, please stop by our online office hours in ZOOM at 9AM every Tuesday and Friday. Please note: these are not training sessions. If you want to learn to use Panopto, please enroll in and complete the self-paced online training in Canvas.
Panopto offers accessibility features that allows users to easily navigate and read the Panopto web interface. The web interface supports screen readers for all available creator and viewer interfaces. The web interface also support keyboard access, allowing you to use the tab key to access all available functions. All sessions fully support adding and displaying captions.
UNT campuses are required by policy and law to ensure that their websites, instructional materials and electronic and information technology products and services are accessible to individuals with disabilities. Many of these resources, e.g., multimedia and video, require captioning to be considered accessible.
The following is our UNT Panopto End User Agreement:
Your use of Panopto to create recordings indicates you understand and agree that captioning is required under the following circumstances.
- An accommodation is requested from a student, staff member, or other person who requires captioning.
- The multimedia will be shared multiple times and/or over an extended period of time.
- The multimedia is reused in new courses and newly revised segments of existing courses.
- Multimedia is used in a course for more than one semester.
- If captioning is required for one semester, the quality must be clear enough to allow equivalent access (defined as the ability to infer the meaning of whole sentences). Note that at this time, dictation software (e.g., YouTube automatic captioning) is not acceptable due to the tendency for errors, unless manually fixed by the content owner.
- Multimedia is on a public facing web page (e.g. commencements or other public-facing streamed or recorded events, news and marketing videos).
Resources from Panopto
- Viewing Panopto Recordings (helpful for students)
Training and Support Contact
Application Support Analyst, CLEAR