CLEAR has expertise in the design and facilitation of online courses and can provide instructors with assistance and advice in this area of teaching through its free instructional design and consulting.
Below are a few resources to help you become familiar with best practices in teaching and managing an online course:
- The Teaching Online Guide was designed by CLEAR as a resource for UNT instructors who are teaching online or hybrid courses or using supported educational technologies for supplementary instruction. In this guide, you will find:
- UNT procedures for accessing the learning management system
- best practices for online teaching
- professional development and additional resources
- The UNT Syllabus - This page overviews syllabi requirements and provides a sample course syllabus template that can be downloaded, edited, and personalized.
- Start of Semester Tasks and End of Semester Tasks in Canvas. Also, see CLEAR's Canvas site for additional resources.
- Accessibility Online - The information found on this page will help you better understand the issues that impact students with disabilities and your role in accommodating their needs.
- Delivering Exams Online - This resource provides information on assessment types and options for proctored testing.
- Best Practices for Teaching Online - This page has ideas for streamlining course facilitation while providing a quality course environment geared toward cultivating online community.
- Online Communication Tips - This page provides students with tips for communicating more effectively online. We recommend including it in your syllabus and/or Start Here section of your online course.
- How to Succeed as an Online Student - This page provides students with tips for suceeding in the online classroom. We recommend including it in your syllabus and/or Start Here section of your online course.