CLEAR has expertise in the design and facilitation of online courses and can provide faculty with assistance and advice in this area of teaching through its free instructional design and consulting.
Below are a few resources to help you become familiar with best practices in teaching and managing an online course:
- The Teaching Online Guide was designed by CLEAR as a resource for new UNT instructors or adjunct professors who are teaching online or blended learning courses. In this guide, you will find:
- UNT procedures for accessing the learning management system
- best practices for online teaching
- professional development and additional resources
- Sample Syllabus - This sample course syllabus can be edited and personalized. It contains important university policies, contact information for student support, and placeholders for your specific course information.
- Start of Semester Tasks in Blackboard Learn. Also, see CLEAR's Blackboard Faculty Support site for Guides and Tips and other resources.
- Accessibility Online - The information found on this page will help you better understand the issues that impact students with disabilities, and your role in accommodating their needs.
- Delivering Exams Online - This resource provides information on assessment types and options for proctored testing.
- Best Practices for Teaching Online - This page has ideas for streamlining course facilitation while providing a quality course environment geared toward cultivating online community.